Domestic Violence Cases

Domestic Violence Cases

Domestic Abuse and Assault Defense Lawyer

In Colorado, if the police are called to a domestic disturbance, it is highly likely that someone will go to jail. Often the only evidence is one person’s word … but that is certainly enough to obtain a temporary restraining order and it can be enough to get a conviction in criminal court.

If you have been charged with domestic assault for violence against a family member or domestic partner, there is good reason to seek the advice of an attorney immediately. In most cases the “victim” will seek a restraining order, or a restraining order will be sought by victim services. While you may not be able to prevent the temporary order from being given, you may be able to prevent the order from becoming permanent by raising a strong defense.

I am attorney Beth Krulewitch. For more than 20 years I have defended clients in Colorado state and federal criminal courts. From my offices in Denver and Aspen, I represent clients in trials and criminal appeals across the state facing any type of criminal charge, including:

  • Domestic assault or spousal abuse
  • Third degree assault (simple assault)
  • Child abuse or child endangerment
  • Violation of a restraining order
  • Criminal trespass

I began my career in the Public Defender’s office. I have brought hundreds of criminal cases to trial, including many involving assault or domestic violence. When you need experienced defense, contact me to arrange a free consultation. Learn more about how my extensive courtroom experience can help you.

A Prompt Defense Can Make a Difference in Your Case

While some criminal charges can take a long time to get through the court system, a restraining order request will be heard quickly and a temporary order will almost always be given. However, before the restraining order becomes permanent, there will be another hearing and you will have a chance to bring your case before the judge. As soon as you retain me, I will begin to investigate your case and seek evidence favorable to you.